Here is a list of the parameters/arguments you can set, note these don't apply to early versions of Puppy especially pre Puppy2.
(Applies to Puppy 2x and later).
- pfix=ram will run Puppy totally in RAM and ignore saved sessions/storage file(s)
- pfix=<n> where <n> is the number of saved sessions to ignore for a multisession-CD
- pfix=rdsh will exit to initial ramdisk commandline (do not pivot_root)
- pfix=usbcard for booting from USB flash drive via USB 2.0 to PCMCIA adapter
- pfix=clean will force a simulated version upgrade (for Puppy 2.13 and later)
- pfix=purge will force an even more radical file cleanup (to fix broken system) (for Puppy 2.14 and later)
- pfix=#debug may help with debugging
- pfix=copy or nocopy controls if main sfs file is loaded (copied) to RAM
If using multiple pfix options, separate them with a comma, e.g. pfix=rdsh,usbcard
PCMCIA (PC card) drivers and card manager to be started during the boot process.
Barry's recent blog post for more on this.