To run Puppy Linux via installation one has to:
- install Puppy Linux operating system
- install a boot loader
There are two principal types of Puppy Linux installation: frugal and full.
However, it is possible to run Puppy Linux without performing any installation by creating a Puppy Linux LiveCD/DVD.
- LiveCD/DVD Create a Puppy Linux LiveCD/DVD
- As you become more confident you may later decide to perform an installation. Start with a frugal installation. At a later date you may perform a full installation. You will need the Puppy Linux LiveCD/DVD created earlier so as to install a boot loader. Without a boot loader one does not have an operating system
Free technical support available from the official Puppy Linux Discussion Forum.
- Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Download the Latest version of Puppy
- Puppy Linux distribution points
- Burn Puppy CD
- Burning Linux ISO Image Basics
- Installing Puppy
- Hard Disk install
- Hard Disk Install Checklist
- GRUB Quick Guide - GRand Unified Bootloader
- Run Puppy from Windows 98 - external link
- 64 Meg or Less RAM
- How To Install Puppy in MS-DOS Without a CD-ROM or Floppy Drive
- How To Install Puppy on a NTFS Partition ... i.e. most Windows XP/2000/NT installs
- Puppy Tutorial Videos - Excellent Videos, but some of the more specific items are outdated
- Linux Usage For Newbies
- Linux For Beginners
- Puppy For Beginners
- Puppy Linux - Quick Start Guide - This contains out-of-date information
- Linux Intro
- History of Puppy
- Distros - Other Distros Comparable to Puppy (in size)
- Puppy License Information
- How to use a NTFS partition with Puppy Linux ... for Windows NT, 2000, and XP users ...
- List of HowTo's in the Wiki
- List of HowTo's in the Puppy Forum
- Use FTP with gFTP
- Run Puppy off a USB stick? - Use the universal installer
- Run Linux off an USB stick? ... external PDF
- Use the Console command line tutorial
- PuppyUnleashed ...customizing Puppy
- WindowManagers ...there is more than one way...
- Additional DotPups Packages ...Applications ported to Puppy
- Display improvement for Puppy 0.9.9 and earlier
- PCMCIA wireless card
- Toshiba Libretto 32 Meg Ram Laptop
- Trouble Booting USB Keys/USB Flash Drives
- Changing Mouse
- Booting ...what happens when Puppy starts
- How Puppy Works ...internal structures, etc.
- How Puppy Works ...as above, Wiki editable
- How to compile the Linux Kernel