Homepage > PuppyVersion > PupRescue
"PupRescue is intended to be a rescue tool for Windows systems that may have crashed, gotten a virus, or just need to be cleaned out. Includes many rescue tools as well as tools to wipe hard drives, clone drives, find duplicate files and even recover lost files." DPUP5520.
2. Smartmontools/gsmartcontrol - see if a hard drive is failing
3. Teamviewer - can remotely support a computer
4. ms-sys - write a new mbr
5. ntfsprogs - includes ntfsfix, ntfscopy, and ntfsundelete as well as about 15 other tools for working with ntfs partitions (built into puppy)
6. lcrack/rarcrack/jtr - recover lost passwords from windows/rar/zip among other container types.
7. aircrack-ng - Yes I know most see this as a "hacking" program but albeit that I quite often find airodump-ng along with Kismet quite useful for diagnosing network issues.
8. chntpw - reset Windows passwords as well as a registry editor
9. Opendoser - This is not a recovery program but rather an open source SBG format audio player that I often use while I am waiting for a process or recovery to finish, very relaxing.
10. Testdisk/Photorec - recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again/file data recovery software designed to recover lost files including video, documents and archives from hard disks, CD-ROMs, and lost pictures.
PupRescue_2.5.iso DPUP5520 dropbox
puppy rescue os