SquashFS is a compressed read-only 'file system within a file' and has the file extension .sfs. Puppy can load programs stored in this format, see about Software in Puppy.
- place the SFS file at /mnt/home, then
- either (A) follow the instructions at (requires re-booting): Menu > System > BootManager
- or (B) follow the instructions at (does not require re-booting): Menu > Setup > SFS-Load
- or (C) another option is sfsget
- accessed through either the Menu or the command-line interface (and not by clicking on the SFS package file)
If you are using a Full Installation see How to Add SFS to Full Installation.